About ingredients: SYLVECO
SYLVECO is a Polish manufacturer of cosmetics, using only natural raw materials without chemical processing. The formulas for our cosmetics are developed mostly for a special group of consumers battling various skin problems as well as those with sensitive skin. Irritated skin that is prone to allergies requires special, exceptionally delicate care.
SYLVECO birch cosmetics have been developed on the basis of selected plant materials that naturally restore the youthful appearance of the skin. A prominent ingredient of our products is birch extract, containing betulin and betulinic acid, highly effective and completely safe active substances.
The company deals with identifying, isolating and purifying interesting substances form plant materials. The innovative technology of isolating and purifying triterpens derived from the outer bark of white birch trees enables obtaining unprecedentedly high purity at competitive price.
Our cosmetics combine the highest quality of:
raw vegetable oils (cold pressed) and waxes, which are the friendliest emollients,
vegetable butters (also cold pressed), naturally protecting the skin against solar radiation,
vegetable extracts with many valuable caring and medicinal effects,
active birch bark extract with multidirectional beneficial effects.
What sets SYLVECO cosmetics apart from other dermocosmetics?
- they do not contain artificial colorants or perfumes,
- they do not contain preservatives, which are the most common skin sensitizing and irritating components (parabens etc.),
- they do not contain materials made from crude oil or its derivatives,
- they do not contain silicon oils or glycols,
- they do not contain redundant, skin-burdening thickeners or stabilizers,
- they are efficient and effective, and, most importantly,
- they are hypoallergenic and safe for the skin.
Birch and betulin
SILVER BIRCH [Betula pendula, formerly Betula alba]: commonly found throughout Poland; the tree is readily recognized by its specific chalk-white bark. The tree has excellent medicinal properties that can be used for general health improvement; remaining in the proximity of a birch tree is reportedly beneficial to the body. An infusion from young birch leaves and buds can be used as anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, styptic and disinfecting, which accelerates the healing of wounds and alleviates skin irritation. Fresh sap, which can be drawn off the birch trees in spring, reinforces the constitution and detoxifies the body, it also accelerates the metabolism. Betulin, a compound found in birch bark, also has unique properties of healing of numerous disorders, including cancerous diseases.
What is birch bark extract?
Birch bark extract is a combination of betulin (>95%), betulinic acid and lupeol. It also contains oleanolic acid, phenolic acids (chlorogenic, caffeic) and condensed catechins. Betulin belongs to the group of triterpenes. It is one of the first substances to be isolated from plant material. The largest amounts can be found in the external layer of the bark, in white species. The content of betulin in birch bark ranges 20-30% and it occurs in the form of crystal clusters in the bark layer in large, thin-walled cells formed in the spring. It is betulin that gives the trees their white color.
Betulin in the cosmetic industry:
- It has antiviral effects - prevents and relieves the symptoms of cold sores.
- It is a natural antioxidant. It protects the skin against free radicals, cancer risk factors and factors speeding up the ageing process.
- In atopic dermatitis and psoriasis it reduces skin lesions and swelling, and relieves itching.
- It regulates the excretion of sebum and has anti-inflammatory properties. It also inhibits the development of acne bacteria: Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus.
- It is used for the treatment of chronic eczema, common acne, adult acne and steroid acne.
- It has antifungal and antiprotozoal effects.
- It strongly stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin in the skin, regulating hydrolipid management and thus preventing the formation of cellulite while improving skin blood circulation and color.
- It is a natural inhibitor of tyrosinase, an enzyme that speeds up the change of melanin. This helps to regulate the process of producing and distributing melanin in the skin, and is used in the prevention and care of discolored skin. It effectively prevents the development of pigmentation which may lead to melanoma. Clinical studies also confirm the high effectiveness of betulin in reducing dysplastic nevi and solar keratosis.